Sunday, February 11, 2007

There is no point in keeping a big stock of paper clips

I went into my closet to grab a few boxes of paper clips. I'm teaching an arts and crafts project for my kid's scout troup. The thing with old paper clips is they get really cruddy after five or ten years. Yes, I've had them in my supply closet for at least ten years. I moved into the house with them from when I used to have an office in town.

They still work (holding paper together) but there's something kind of yucky about them. I feel guilty about throwing them out (can you recycle paper clips???) but where do they all wind up? The bank must have a lot of them. I always clip together my checks with my deposit slip.

I loved that movie about the Paper Clips project in Tennessee. Too bad they don't need any more donations.

No comments: