Wednesday, October 31, 2007

those little grey hairs make me nuts

I have grey hair. Only a tiny bit - in front of my ears, a few at my hairline. I color my hair myself (have been since I'm 27 to give my natural color a boost).

A few years ago I discovered these little crayons that you can color those greys. They're very oily and yucky. Then I tried the mascara type wands that you brush over the grey. A bit better....I use an eyebrow brush to blend it in.

Then, I found JUST FOR MEN, the hair color guys use to color their beards and moustaches. Not the one-application box, but the one with the two little tubes that you squirt a bit of color out and a bit of developer and blend with a little plastic spatula and apply to your greys. IT'S NOT JUST FOR MEN.....Ladies, this is THE best stuff to use in between the touch-ups at home or the salon.

Clairol makes some kind of root touch-up which is crazy because it's just one application. A box of this Just for Men is good for about ten touch ups... I guess it depends on how much you need.

No comments: